Hurricane Florence Impact on CFB This Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Florence Impact on CFB This Week

Games are already starting to be impacted by this impending storm. I will try to keep this updated as I get word on game movement or cancelations. The #1 priority is safety for all involved in the area. Not sure who from the VFV Family is or will be impacted, but know that we are all praying and thinking of you guys down that way. It looks to be making landfall right around the North/South Carolina state line. My wife and I actually spent our 10th, 11th and 12th Anniversaries in a small town on the NC Coast, which is in direct line for impact. Topsail Island, NC is the town we stayed, about 45 mins to an hour north of Myrtle Beach.

Thursday night CFB game between Boston College and Wake Forest has been moved up from it's 7:45pm start to now a kick of 5:30pm. Game will still be aired on ESPN.

Comment

Saturday's game between UCF and North Carolina has been postponed. The schools will try find a common date to replay the game, but none has been announced at this time.

Comment

Saturday's game between West Virginia and NC State has now been postponed. No new date has been set for a make-up. With it being a non-conference game, my guess is that it will not be made up.

Comment

Saturday's game in Blacksburg, VA between East Carolina and Virginia Tech has been cancelled after ECU officials notified VT that they would not be traveling out of state for the game.

Comment

The game between Ohio University and Virginia has been moved from Charlottesville, VA. It will now be played at 4:30pm in Nashville, TN at Vanderbilt University.

Comment

Was listening to VSIN (shameless plug) while I was cutting the grass this afternoon and they were talking about how different Books handle team win totals in CFB when games are cancelled. They said that at the South Point, all bets made on team win totals are considered "Action" and therefore non-refundable. They mentioned that at Westgate any wagers on team totals will be fully refunded if a school has a game cancelled.......BUT, you can't get your refund until the end of the season. Just like any other wager, make sure you read the fine print at whatever shop you are using.

Comment

Gcotton,I have a bet on Ohio U.Will that bet stand or cancelled because of change of venue

Comment

Originally posted by bullybeater View Post
                  Gcotton,I have a bet on Ohio U.Will that bet stand or cancelled because of change of venue
                  I would assume the bet is still good as long as the game is played on Saturday. Best to check with whatever book you used to place the wager. Or maybe check with Dave or TARB.

Comment

My bet at South Point was cancelled.

Comment

I still anticipate a couple other games being moved or cancelled yet today. The following games are still on schedule right now, but are in the path of this monster: ODU @ CHARL, SO.MISS @ APP ST, GA. SOU @ CLEM & MARSH @ SO. CAR. So if thinking about making a play on these games you might want to hold off until tomorrow.

Comment

Also very taken aback by the line movement in the OHIO/VA game. Line is now at 3.5. I know the change in location is a reason, but don't think it should be a 2.5-3 point swing.I actually had VIR as a 12 pt favorite before all this happened, so even losing the home field edge it would be at about 8.5 or 9.

Comment

With the change of location to Nashville, my line on the game is OHIO -3. I bet OHIO +3.5 points for 1-unit.

Comment

Old Dominion at Charlotte will be played on Thursday starting at 10:00 AM EDT.

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post
                              Old Dominion at Charlotte will be played on Thursday starting at 10:00 AM EDT.
                              Actually TARB the game time is 4pm EDT according to the ODU Twitter page.

Comment

Working...
                              X