Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball System 2019

Baseball system 2019

Baseball has started and time to dust off the system. As a matter of fact there were 4 plays this afternoon and as I was travelling, I missed them all: Jays, Rays, royals and Dodgers.

Last year it was a small loser because of RL losses. I’m going to only do ml to start off , so I’ll have 200 units BR for ml. Last year was also marred by VFV forum being down , posting by email and on tpking site.

Hopefully it goes smoothly this year. That being said I’m travelling this week and that’s why I missed today.

I’m going to use just one thread and just accumulate results therein until it fills then I’ll start a new one.

2018 results
    SU: 280-199 (0.63, 58.5%) avg line: -154.0 on: +$1,233 ROI: +1.6%
    RL: 232-246 (-0.15, 48.5%) avg line: -102.7 on: -$2,260 ROI: -3.8

Season 2013 was similar but In the last 5 years it was a winner, so I’m optimistic for a rebound.

5 year results

SU: 1512-928 (0.98, 62.0%) avg line: -144.6 on +$29,061 ROI: +8.0%
    RL: 1259-1178 (0.17, 51.7%) avg line: 106.0 on : +$17,308 ROI: +6.0%
    “Profits are calculated based on risking the line to win $100 when playing on favorites and risking $100 to win the line when playing on dogs.”

Now betting <-170ml at win% of 62% is a losing proposition so the lower odds must win at a greater rate and they do.

So for each bet, I alter the query to capture the range of the odds. e.g. if Line is -190 ,I frame the query to only look at games between -170 and -200 to get the win% . In this example the result was a 5 year win% of 70% @ avg odds of -187 for a profit of $4488 and the sample size was 300 games.
    SU: 223-95 (1.64, 70.1%) avg line: -187.2 on : +$4,488 ROI: +7.5%
    If the sample size is too small I’ll open the odds range window to try to get 100 games

I’ll use 1/3 Kelly for my bet size using the associated win % and size my bet based on a starting BR of 200 units, with the min bet being 1 unit and the max bet 10 units per game and 30 units per day.

Here’s the proposed format with an example

Date odds range W L % Team Am. Odds Odds Bet Bankrool

20170714 HF<=-125 87 42 67. Mets -149 0.67 6.5 units 200units

"A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
    “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Thanks and good luck

Comment

Very intriguing,, anxious to follow the 2019 journey!! Good luck,, anything today in the sytsem??

Comment

April 1 no plays
        we didn’t bet but Heres what happened yesterday
        Date Link Day Site Team Starter Opp Starter Final SUm W/L
        Mar 31, 2019 box Sun home Blue Jays Trent Thornton - R Tigers Matt Moore - L 3-4 -1 L
        Mar 31, 2019 box Sun home Dodgers Walker Buehler - R Diamondbacks Luke Weaver - R 8-7 1 W
        Mar 31, 2019 box Sun home Rays Yonny Chirinos - R Astros Wade Miley - L 3-1 2 W
        PS Seems the Royals dropped out from being a play. This is an odds related system and I must closely monitor the odds as a 5 point change in ml odds often disqualifies a play.
        Last edited by Barryt; 04-01-2019, 12:34 PM. Reason: PS
        “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

Your system is too confusing and needs lots of work. SIMPLIFY!

Comment

• Buckeyefan80
            Buckeyefan80 commented
            Editing a comment
            Bet on "Team." Really not hard. I don't know how anyone buys plays off you if you can't even figure this simple system out.

Originally posted by WhoDatCOUGSdat View Post
          Your system is too confusing and needs lots of work. SIMPLIFY!
          Works for me. If you’re lazy you r in the wrong forum

Comment

Today’s plays
            Date Link Day Site Team Starter Opp Starter odds Win% Bet
            Apr 02, 2019 box Tue away Diamondbacks Zack Greinke - R Padres Eric Lauer - L -101 52 2
            Apr 02, 2019 box Tue away Astros Justin Verlander - R Rangers Shelby Miller - R -205 74 13(max 10)
            Apr 02, 2019 box Tue away Twins Jose Berrios - R Royals Brad Keller - R -140 67 13(max10)

Comment

Very interesting Barry. What does the Bet 2, 13(max 10) mean? Are you saying you're betting $1300 on the Astros and Twins?

Comment

Originally posted by Barryt View Post

Works for me. If you’re lazy you r in the wrong forum
                Barry, open your eyes for 1 second, please:
                RL: 232-246 (-0.15, 48.5%) avg line: -102.7 on: -$2,260 ROI: -3.8

Comment

• Buckeyefan80
                  Buckeyefan80 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you actually READ the post you would have read that last year was a down year for RL and the reason the system lost. The previous 5 years the RL was profitable. I really don't understand why you will talk so much shit about people's posts without actually reading through the thread. You really would save yourself a lot of scrutiny if you did that. I'm sure once again you will not take the constructive criticism and you will once again throw out a post that gets you banned...AGAIN!!!

If you're losing nearly $2300 on even-money lines then seriously go take up basket weaving instead.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDatCOUGSdat View Post
                  If you're losing nearly $2300 on even-money lines then seriously go take up basket weaving instead.
                  Take it down a notch tough guy. First off, he said he was only doing ML for now. Second, I didn't see anywhere that he was begging you to follow his system. It is an interesting discussion that some of us want to see how it plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky View Post
                    Very interesting Barry. What does the Bet 2, 13(max 10) mean? Are you saying you're betting $1300 on the Astros and Twins?
                    Bet 2 means 1/3 Kelly says bet 2 units( out of 200): bet13 ( max 10 ) means 1/3 Kelly says to bet 13 units , but I’m limiting my play to 10 units per game.
                    When called for I’ll also limit my daily play to 30 units.
                    so if your BR is $200= $200 units, bet $2 on DBacks and $10 on Astros &Twins. If BR IS $1000, $5 per unit bet $10 and $50. Make sure you bet “to risk” $50 and not “to win” 50

ps just to be clear A bet of $1300 would require a BR of $26000, outta my league
                    Last edited by Barryt; 04-02-2019, 02:55 PM. Reason: ps

Comment

April03

Yesterday went 2-1 but only broke even. Also a late line move made Tampa Rays a play, but I was too busy to catch it.

Today 3 plays

Date Link Day Site Team Starter Opp Starter odds Win% Bet1/3 Kelly W/L Win BR(200)
                      Apr 02, 2019 box Tue away Diamondbacks Zack Greinke - R Padres Eric Lauer - L -101 52 2 W 2 202
                      Apr 02, 2019 box Tue away Astros Justin Verlander - R Rangers Shelby Miller - R -205 74 13(max 10) L -10 192
                      Apr 02, 2019 box Tue away Twins Jose Berrios - R Royals Brad Keller - R -140 67 13(max 10) W 7.5 199.5
                      Apr 03, 2019 box Wed home Indians Corey Kluber - R White Sox Carlos Rodon - L -178 65 2
                      Apr 03, 2019 box Wed away Mets Jacob deGrom - R Marlins Trevor Richards - R -220 73 8
                      Apr 03, 2019 box Wed away Twins Kyle Gibson - R Royals Homer Bailey - R -148 73 22(10 max)
                      Note if Twins 0dds rise to -145 or more they wouldn’t be a play.However I’m committed at present odds as I have other commitments today

Comment

So lemme get this straight your "system play" goes 2-1 yet only BRAKES EVEN???????????????????????? No thanks.

Why would anyone want to play such a system? IDK about any1 else but when I go 2-1 I damn sure better WIN SOME MONEY

Comment

2-1 wednesday
                          1 play today A's but at odds of +105 history says that's not profitable so no play
                          I dropped my iPad and cracked the screen I'll update when I get my iPad back later today. Cant do it on my phone.

Comment

Working...
                          X