NHL Series Prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Series Prices

I love the Stanley Cup playoffs. Looking at the series prices, I definitely think some offer good value.

Capitals (-150) over the Hurricanes
    I actually got this at -145 but the line seems to have moved a bit. This is my best bet of the opening round. Capitals should be a much larger favorite here, I projected the series price at -180. Capitals won the regular season series 4-0. While I don't predict a sweep, they will advance.

Stars (+160) over the Predators
    Dallas built for playoff success, their strength is from the goaltender out. Could be a lot of low scoring games, I think the series could legitimately go either way, getting a nice plus price is a good deal.

Sharks(-110) over the Knights
    Everyone is questioning the Sharks goaltending but I'm not convinced Fleury is 100% so that's a wash in my view. I think home ice advantage makes the difference here, Sharks advance.

Blue Jackets (+300) over the Lightning
    Yes, the Lightning look unstoppable but on principle, no NHL team should be such a heavy favorite in a single playoff series. Shop around, might even find better than +300. Strictly a contrarian value play.

I have no opinion on the other four series from a betting standpoint. From a money management perspective, I did the following:

Capitals - 3 units
    Stars - 1 unit
    Sharks - 0.5 unit
    Blue Jackets - 0.5 unit

thanks....good luck....no series plays for me, but will be playing starting tomorrow

Comment

not crazy about laying big prices But I played Tampa Bay -3.80 when it opened for this series as what looks to be a bigger bargain than Mayweather was over McGregor
      also curious to see how these first period overs work out like they did in reg season and of course the 1st periods Unders by Dallas but we know playoff hockey is a different animal than the regular season

Comment

Congrats on the Blue Jackets RacingCat.....very nice win

Comment

How about our Blue Jackets!!! I think I'm still drunk from last night's win, lol

Comment

Nice job on the +300 on Columbus.

Comment

Great call on Columbus. I shoulda took a flyer that they win series 4 to zero. 42-1!!!! at SIA.

Comment

• bullybeater
                bullybeater commented
                Editing a comment
                As Mr tuley stayed in tweet it would have paid 53-1 If you parlayed money lines

Saw a 50-1 in NJ but the main advantage with rolling day by day is u can micro-manage BR and press up on the hm gms 3 and 4.

Comment

Originally posted by marcbryanjacob View Post
                Saw a 50-1 in NJ but the main advantage with rolling day by day is u can micro-manage BR and press up on the hm gms 3 and 4.
                Exactly...you can pull back profits at any point. I was actually impressed that those books offering around 50-1 were that close to the true value. One of the books (think it was PointsBet, might have been FanDuel) said they offered 50-1 but didn't write a single ticket.

Which brings me to the main reason I came back to this thread...congrats to RacingCat for calling the value on the Blue Jackets...first person I've seen/heard that gave Columbus a chance to win the series...even so, it reads l like he wasn't too sure the Blue Jackets could do it, but felt that their chances were better than the 3-1 odds that were offered (which is what finding value in sports betting is all about, so big-time kudos!).

And, east coast, hope you've been playing the 1P Overs (& Stars 1P Unders, though they went Over tonight to dip to 3-1).

Comment

Yes he had it as an actual PICK but he said it himself that he only listed it purely as a contrarian play and thought Lightning shouldn't be favored that much; therefore, he obviously wasn't by any means SURE of the pick. Had he given some actual feedback on the pick other than naming the pick then sure I can understand it being the pick but reasoning is necessary !

Comment

Your reasoning for being on this forum is?

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieSportsbettor View Post
                      Yes he had it as an actual PICK but he said it himself that he only listed it purely as a contrarian play and thought Lightning shouldn't be favored that much; therefore, he obviously wasn't by any means SURE of the pick. Had he given some actual feedback on the pick other than naming the pick then sure I can understand it being the pick but reasoning is necessary !
                      Which is more than you have done! Anyone that is "sure" of a pick is bound to lose their ass gambling. Why do you come to this site? GUARANTEE, and this I'm "SURE" of, is just to troll. Why don't you get a real life and leave this forum to us that actual read and appreciate others posts. Sorry Dave but if we keep giving jack/william/newbie/whateverhisnextnameis the benefit of the doubt I'm not sure I'll be coming back to the site. I know you don't want to jump to conclusions when people post but one thing is for sure, none of us have been wrong being able to point out every single alias this douchebag has come up with. I know its hard to keep up with everything but i think if you just trusted the people in the forum when they flag certain posts that they know is from the aforementioned, then there is no reason to give him a day ban or whatever. Just jump to permaban and be done with that alias bc we all know he will make another but it will save everyone time in the long run, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyefan80 View Post

Which is more than you have done! Anyone that is "sure" of a pick is bound to lose their ass gambling. Why do you come to this site? GUARANTEE, and this I'm "SURE" of, is just to troll. Why don't you get a real life and leave this forum to us that actual read and appreciate others posts. Sorry Dave but if we keep giving jack/william/newbie/whateverhisnextnameis the benefit of the doubt I'm not sure I'll be coming back to the site. I know you don't want to jump to conclusions when people post but one thing is for sure, none of us have been wrong being able to point out every single alias this douchebag has come up with. I know its hard to keep up with everything but i think if you just trusted the people in the forum when they flag certain posts that they know is from the aforementioned, then there is no reason to give him a day ban or whatever. Just jump to permaban and be done with that alias bc we all know he will make another but it will save everyone time in the long run, imo.
                        Buckeye you obviously are SOFT, buddy!!! You trying to make up for your lower deficiency there, buddy? 😂😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieSportsbettor View Post
                          I haven't been on this site for a couple of weeks. Of course there is no reason to really respond to this clown but I will anyway. You say reasoning is necessary, well I gave you a reason clown, the line was too high and turned out I was correct. Any time you think a line is inflated, THAT is a reason to place a wager on the other side.

Ultimately, round 1 not as profitable as I would have liked since the Capitals faltered but I did hedge off some prior to game 7 to cut down my exposure on the game 7 coin flip. I will be interested to see the Sharks/Blues series price. I have been on the Sharks for both of their series and have won both albeit in 7 games each time. My early lean would be Sharks again as long as the series price is fairly close to pick 'em.

Comment

That particular "clown" has been banned......he is now "clowning" under a different moniker and when we respond to him it really excites him. I know sometimes we just can't help it, but this is a sad "clown" who doesn't live a very good life.....I've said it more than once.....very insecure and bad for this forum.

Keep up the good picking racingcat and good luck in the last two series.....will be waiting for your selections

Comment

Working...
                            X