The OTHER AFL (Arena Football League)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OTHER AFL (Arena Football League)

Since my hometown C-Bus is back in the league this year, I thought I would try and make some money on the action.

Only 6 teams in the league this year, they will be expanding to 10 for the 2020 season. So should be "easy" to handicap only 3 games each week.

Last night was the opener, and I missed out, as we were traveling down here to SWFL. So I missed the first game of the season. Baltimore won and covered as a 4 point home favorite, against cross-town rival Washington, 59-51. Game went OVER total of 95.5.

Two games round out Week 1 today, as Atlantic City travels to league power Philly in an afternoon tilt. Then my boys, the Destroyers travel to Albany for their first game in several years, tonight.

As was the case with the short-lived AAF, lines for these games are hard to find. And will usually only come out a few hours prior to gametime. So with that being said, and me still getting settled in here on the Beach, these selections are being made without knowing any lines, but willing to lay whatever it is.

I'm going to go with Philly (-??) in the day game, only because they have been around forever, lol.

In the nightcap, I'm going with the UNDER (??) in the C-Bus game. New HC has stressed defense with this group in camp. Team will also be going with 2 QBs to start. So it may take some time to get the offense in gear.

Hope to see some actual numbers pop up a little later. Will check back and post them if I do.

Have a great weekend!

Thought about taking Balt yesterday, but the only line I saw on the game was at 5dimes and you had to lay -120 no matter what side you took. So far, the same thing today with all lines at 5dimes -120. I'll pass with that juice.

Comment

Draftkings offers fantasy on the AFL. One captain and five flex players. So in theory if you can fit them in to the salary cap, you can take all QBs. I may take a flyer with both
      Destroyer QBs. The problem is that the top receiver D. Morgan is questionable so who do they throw to?

As far as betting on the games I don't know what draftkings offers as they do not off sportsbetting in PA and I can't access Jersey lines.

Comment

Now that more books are taking action, 5dimes has dropped the juice to -110. Hope they keep it this way from here on.

Comment

I seen -11 1/2 on both games and 98.5 total on Phil and 96.5 on Albany

Comment

Just got Philly -7.5 (-110). Still nothing on the late game at my out. I did see on VI it is listed at Albany -11.5 and 96.5

Comment

Just got UNDER 96 (-110) on the Destroyers game tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by gcotton View Post
                Just got UNDER 96 (-110) on the Destroyers game tonight.
                Damn G,you move lines 86.5 now

Comment

Originally posted by bullybeater View Post

Damn G,you move lines 86.5 now
                  LOL, I would like to think so, haha....Missed a good day by a stinking half point with Philly. I knew Columbus was in trouble when they took the opening KO and drove down to the 5, only to face a 4th and 2 and then fumbled the snap, haha. At least the Under stayed WAY under.

Comment

Week 2 Action (1-1 ATS in Week 1, missed the Friday night game)

Once again I missed the Friday night game. Philly continues to dominate this league and covered easily as a 3 point road favorite. The defeated Baltimore 36-27, with the game staying way under the total of 88.5.

As for today's action, my hometown Destroyers play at fellow expansion team Atlantic City this afternoon and then Albany hosts Washington in tonight's game. Once again, no lines are currently listed on the VI site, but I will try to continue to monitor the action as the day unfolds.

FWIW, I will again take the UNDER in the CLB game this afternoon. They are turning to a rookie QB who is kind of a local product to our area. Kid went 6 of 8 with a TD pass and a TD run last week in the loss, while splitting time with the games original starter.

In the night game, I'll take my chances with the road team probably getting a couple of points. Might even be a slight favorite. Washington did put up 51 last week in a tough loss, compared to Albany only getting 35 on the board in a home win.

If I can get some lines on these games during the day, I will jump back on here and post them, if not we can just use the closing lines on VI for grading purposes.

Oh, and if anyone is actually interested, ESPN on Friday announced a deal to televise the entire 2019 season on it's ESPN3 platform, with the Arena Bowl airing on ESPN2 later in the Summer.

Comment

Albany is -7.5 via 5D. Still like the road team?

Comment

Ugh....tough half point loss with he UNDER in the CLB game. Can't remember ever seeing an AFL team get shutout in a quarter as the Destroyers were in the 3rd qtr today. And they still only lost by 7!

Comment

d00d give it a brake.... obviously you should stick to your dayjob of BASKET WEAVING

Comment

Originally posted by FarFAGneugen View Post
                            d00d give it a brake.... obviously you should stick to your dayjob of BASKET WEAVING
                            You should take an English class and pound sand while you're at it.

Comment

What a crappy life he must live

Comment

Working...
                              X