The Limper NBA - 2019 Playoffs – Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Limper NBA - 2019 Playoffs – Finals

During the regular season, in that first overtime loss to Toronto, Steph Curry didn’t play, but KD played out of his mind, scoring 51 pts on 58.1% shooting. Leonard shot even better, hitting 58.3% from the field and scoring 37. In the Raptors’ s blowout win in Oakland, Leonard didn’t play, but all the Warriors played turnover-city and never got close.

In the projection below, Cousins is IN, KD is OUT.

GLTA

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Limper - NBA 2019 - Playoffs - 5-30.png
Views:	239
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	7150

Comment

Name:	The Limper - NBA 2019 - Playoffs - 6-2.png
Views:	207
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	7165

Comment

Last chance for VoloZIGZAG
        Going against LIMPER and the rest of CANADA: GSW +2
        "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
        “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

• Mrvolo
          Mrvolo commented
          Editing a comment
          I am with you.8-5-1 with no fudging.Our Man Ubillo is warming up.Last 2,runs second at 65-1 and third today at 59-1.Both horses could not be played but had a few $ across the board.GL tonight,I got + 2 1/2
          Last chance till next year.

• WJCJR
          WJCJR commented
          Editing a comment
          Good job on zigzag. Couldn’t pull the trigger on the pick, took the over at 213.5 and lost. Looking forward to football – lol.

Name:	The Limper - NBA 2019 - Playoffs - 6-5.png
Views:	177
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	7176

Comment

Name:	The Limper - NBA 2019 - Playoffs - 6-7.png
Views:	143
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	7189

Comment

Just to add to the Drama, a Warrior loss could be their last game ever in Oakland....they move to SF next season
            “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

Some important digits for the game just ended: GOL turnovers 17, to 9 for TOR; GOL shot a pathetic 66% FT% to 95% for TOR (I can friggin shoot better than 66%! – or I could – quite some time ago – on good days- nevermind); GOL had a better FG%, outrebounded and had more assists than TOR; but while TOR had Serge Ibaca off the bench with 20 PTS, GOL only had Boogie Cousins with another wimpy showing – 6pts and 4 turnovers in 14 minutes. Also, in addition to leading all players with 36 pts and 12 boards, Kawhi Leonard also lead both teams with 4 steals and a block. Plays like a man among boys.

Comment

I think the depleted GSW team " choked" under the pressure of needing to win or else havi g to live with the stigma of losing there last ever home game.
                Now the question is how do they react in game 5? If they win Monday they have the chance certainly to erase that stigma, but the pressure then will double. There will be pressure on Monday, in fact there will be alot of pressure on Tor, but considering they won 2 in Oak and G1 in Tor, they should be confident .I'm surprised Tor is only 2pts though
                Last edited by Barryt; 06-08-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Drama. Drama. Drama. Will KD play, or won’t he? If he misses the game, the model has TOR by a wide margin. If he plays, according to my numbers, it’s a very close game, but TOR still has a slight edge. I’ll wait to post until tomorrow to see if anything firms up.

Comment

If KD plays or doesn’t, the model likes Toronto to win and cover. By my numbers if he DOES play, the Raptor’s MOV is just 1.9, and would flip the pick at a line of -2. The numbers below have Durant OUT.

GLTA

Name:	The Limper - NBA 2019 - Playoffs - 6-10.png
Views:	108
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	7202

Comment

Let's go back to the regular season. Including the playoffs, Toronto is 5-1 against GSW. The only loss was when the Raptors collapsed in the 3rd qtr. Pressure or no pressure, they don't match up well against Toronto. You talked about turnovers. Curry turns the ball over.

Comment

Originally posted by capcondo View Post
                        Let's go back to the regular season. Including the playoffs, Toronto is 5-1 against GSW. The only loss was when the Raptors collapsed in the 3rd qtr. Pressure or no pressure, they don't match up well against Toronto. You talked about turnovers. Curry turns the ball over.
                        You’re right. The Warriors are playing their worst nightmare in the Raptors. In their first win against Golden State in the regular season, Toronto blew them out 113 to 93, and Leonard didn’t even play. The Warriors were full crewed – Curry, Thompson and KD all played – and they even outshot the Raptors in FG% and 3PT% - but the Warriors, even though great shooters, play sloppy basketball, and playing an aggressive defense like the Raptors is like a bad dream. Toronto had 12 steals to Golden States’ 5, and also had only 11 turnovers to 19 for Curry and his team. (Curry had his average of 4, while Durant had 5).

Comment

• Mrvolo
                          Mrvolo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Toronto reminds me of the 1969 Mets who cruised thru WS.Little talk about T foul shooting.In games 3-4 they were 43-45.Tough to beat a club like that.Bet Toronto +3 tonight and hoping for GS Win by 1or 2 so I can bet T again in game 7.GL

Name:	The Limper - NBA 2019 - Playoffs - 6-13.png
Views:	75
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	7233

Comment

The NBA model did about average this year, but I liked nearly nailing the final score. Hope everybody did well this season. I’ll be back in September, because I’M READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!

WJCJR

Name:	The Limper - NBA 2019 - Playoffs - 6-13A.png
Views:	58
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	7240

Comment

Working...
                          X