Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEL MAR this weekend (July 27-28)...join me if you're there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEL MAR this weekend (July 27-28)...join me if you're there!

I know we have a lot of members hitting Saratoga this summer, but I'll be at Del Mar this weekend for anyone that wants to meet where the Turf meets the Surf. I might only be there from noon-3 p.m. on Saturday (first post at 2 p.m.) to meet old friends in the Seabiscuit Room for the handicapping tournament ($8,000 buy-in...$2,000 entry fee that goes to prize money...$6,000 live bankroll and keep any winnings). I might be playing either by myself or with partner(s)...still to be determined, especially as I will have to cut Saturday short as I'm going to the Giants-Padres game at Petco Park at 5:40 p.m. for San Diego Chicken bobblehead night

Regardless, I'll definitely be there all day Sunday from noonish to the last race around 6 p.m. before driving back to Vegas. Let me know if you're there this weekend. To throw out a possible meeting place (besides the Seabiscuit Room for contest players), I also plan to check out the Newcomer's Seminar at 1 p,m. in the "Plaza de Mexico" if you're arriving early.

am going in August,staying in SD's Gaslamp dist. ...…..I ve heard best way to get to DelMar is via train. Any advice is welcomed. Thx,Dave.

Comment

Best of luck in the tournament Dave!

Comment

Enjoy DelMar and GL in tournament.

Comment

Wish I could be there ...................Will be wagering on the Card - all weekend tho!

Best of luck in the tourney

Comment

Originally posted by CEK3 View Post
            am going in August,staying in SD's Gaslamp dist. ...…..I ve heard best way to get to DelMar is via train. Any advice is welcomed. Thx,Dave.
            I've never taken the train to Del Mar but I have walked across the bridge where the train stops. It's a short walk to the track. I saw the train unload south bound once (from Orange County and LA) and I think 100 to 200 people got off. Should work well the other way as well. On race days, the traffic and parking are terrible. The train is the way to go. Enjoy. I know you will.

Comment

Originally posted by capcondo View Post

I've never taken the train to Del Mar but I have walked across the bridge where the train stops. It's a short walk to the track. I saw the train unload south bound once (from Orange County and LA) and I think 100 to 200 people got off. Should work well the other way as well. On race days, the traffic and parking are terrible. The train is the way to go. Enjoy. I know you will.
              thank you,so much!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTuley View Post
                I know we have a lot of members hitting Saratoga this summer, but I'll be at Del Mar this weekend for anyone that wants to meet where the Turf meets the Surf. I might only be there from noon-3 p.m. on Saturday (first post at 2 p.m.) to meet old friends in the Seabiscuit Room for the handicapping tournament ($8,000 buy-in...$2,000 entry fee that goes to prize money...$6,000 live bankroll and keep any winnings). I might be playing either by myself or with partner(s)...still to be determined, especially as I will have to cut Saturday short as I'm going to the Giants-Padres game at Petco Park at 5:40 p.m. for San Diego Chicken bobblehead night

Regardless, I'll definitely be there all day Sunday from noonish to the last race around 6 p.m. before driving back to Vegas. Let me know if you're there this weekend. To throw out a possible meeting place (besides the Seabiscuit Room for contest players), I also plan to check out the Newcomer's Seminar at 1 p,m. in the "Plaza de Mexico" if you're arriving early.
                Dave-went to SD ,last wk....1st time for a Padres game(VS Rays) and then train to Del Mar on WED. Absolutely wonderful!! Would do it again same way--train is the way w/ free shuttle to door. AND I hit PK 5 for $2867.05($30 ticket)

Comment

Working...
                X