Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRESEASON 2019 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

Hellllloooooo Kids!

Hope you are all having a great summer burning your skin and your meat! NOW, it's time to get ready to burn some brain cells! Yes! It's NFL Survivor time!!!!!!

I'm sure the people that run the pools you are in are sending you emails saying pay now to get a shot at some big money while driving yourself crazy coming up with winning teams each week!

For anyone out there that is looking to get into a pool, there is one I've been in for over 10-years that is $110 buy-in, and gets over 2000 entries. IF you are interested, private message me, and I'll send you all the info about it. You can enter more than once, and he has a 2nd chance pool he starts when a good chunk of people are out of the main pool. There are a number of people that visit this thread at get in it.

I'm in another one that is a flat $100 to enter, but gets around 10,000 entries that total in the million dollar area for the prize money. It's a tougher one in that you end up having to pick TWO teams towards the end of the pool based on the amount of players left. He is giving returning players first shot at entering, as he wants to try to cap it at 10,000, but you can send your info into him and get on a waitlist if you want. PM me to get info.

So get out your magic beads, crystal ball, or crystal meth, and pump your head full of football information that will do you no good come contest time, because a stupid call by a ref, or missed chipshot FG will cost you a game you SHOULD HAVE WON! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

You can't win unless you're in!!!

Come on in...The waters fine!!!

Stay tuned to VFV for my award winning Survivor Pool thread that will kick off the week of the first games! I gave myself
    the award, which I stole out of Volo's closet....It's one of his boxing trophies from when he fought with Rocky Marciano on the mean streets of Brooklyn back in the day! I just put a helmet on it!

And yes...The Elizabeth Hurley Fantasy pick of the week WILL BE BACK! Ohhhhh, Lizzy....Why don't you answer my calls!
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 08-01-2019, 06:35 PM.

My man Rick.You got my juices flowing and at my age that is not easy.As we get closer to week one let’s try to lock in some win totals.From what I hear in my hometown
    of Miami,we will be hard pressed to win 4 games.

Comment

• Mrvolo
      Mrvolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Also,please e mail me link to Million $ pool.Seems my address for You is not working.

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      But you have FITZMAGIC at QB Volo...I'd start planning the Super Bowl parade!

Welcome back Seattle
    Can’t wait!!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      What's up NYC?! Hope all is well! Let's get our act together and win some dough!

AJGreen out 3-4weeks
    Got my week 1 pick
    SEATTLE!!!
    "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
    “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      Seachickens don't have any pass rushers as of now...One is suspended, and their first round pick just got a high ankle sprain...Another is 50/50 if he'll be healthy enough to play the first game. SEA will need to depend on the offense the first 4-6 weeks to get wins vs. a tough schedule. They might be one of my picks...We'll see how how the next month goes.

bummmmmp...

Comment

Hi I’ve put together this tool which utilizes the CGT wk 1-16 lines to identify all home teams favoured by 6 or more points each week and though I would share it here. (D) indicates a Division game.
      Line WK1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
      -6 to -6:5PTS NE GBY CHI(L)
      -7 To -7.5 PTS DAL KC, MIN PHA LAC(D) KC,BAL(D) GBY(D) KC HOU MIN IND
      -8 to -8.5 PTS PHA BAL NE(D) PHA IND LAR(D) GBY
      -9 to -9.5 PTS NO SEA DAL PIT(D)
      10 PTS NE(D)
      >10 PTS LAR NO)D) NE NO LAR(D)
      My picks NO BAL KC LAR PHA NE GBY HOU
      WK9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
      -6 to -6:5PTS MIN, IND NE INDY
      -7 To -7.5 PTS SEA CLE NO(D) ATL(D) LAR DAL IND(D) LAR)D) PIT
      -8 to -8.5 PTS CHI(D) SF((D) CLE CLE NO MIN(D)
      -9 to -9.5 PTS IND NO)D) GBY PHA(D) KC(D) LAC)D)
      10 PTS CHI
      >10 PTS KC(D) NE(D) SEA(D)
      My picks SEA CLE SF(D) CHI DAL MIN(D) PIT IND

“The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        A few thin weeks where there is only one favorite of note...So much can change as the season unfolds, but interesting to see the early look at the perceived favorites. I'm going to try like hell to never take the BIG favorites, but easier said then done some weeks. We're getting close to crunch time!

• Barryt
        Barryt commented
        Editing a comment
        This also points out that you may want to “save” your Seahawks TIL wk9 . ( if your going to win anything you have to make it to at least week 9)

Then again, Ifffffff SEA is the only bigger fav that week, 40-50% of the pool could be on them, and that's something that I'd like to avoid.

The last few years after being knocked out I've kept picking like i was still in and found teams emerge later in the season that are useable that you wouldn't have thought much about early on. QB's getting hurt is a big wildcard that can take teams off the radar in a blink but add their opponents into the mix. Diamonds in the rough emerge...

Comment

• Barryt
        Barryt commented
        Editing a comment
        QBs getting hurt did you say?.
        With Luck retiring the bookies have indicated that Brissett is 3.5 points less valuable than Luck as they moved the line on the Chargers from-3.5 to -7
        Hence moving all future lines on Indy games 3.5 points leaves Indy with only one game at>6 point favourite.
        That’s week 10 vs Mia. It was -9.5 so now -6.. In the chart I’ve dropped Indy every where except week 10. and dropped them as a pick week16. Im not sure I’ll take them there over Cle. Time will tell and I’ll worry about wk16 when I get there
        I’m sure the chart will have further changes as the season gets underway, but it’s a good guide to help overcome the problem of not using the same team 2x and identifying weeks where the choices are limited.
        Without the chart or similar forecasts, if one used Sea say week 1 , Sea wouldn’t be available week9 where the rest of the games are toss ups.

Hers updated chart after Luck resigned...subtracting 3.5 points from Indy in all games. This leaves Indy only playable in Wk 10. I’ve penciled them in WK10 and moved CLE to week 14 thus avoiding the Min division pick. I now have LAC(D) in wk16
      Line WK1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
      -6 to -6:5PTS NE GBY CHI(L)
      -7 To -7.5 PTS LAC DAL KC, MIN PHA LAC(D) KC,BAL(D) GBY(D) KC HOU MIN IND
      -8 to -8.5 PTS PHA BAL NE(D) PHA LAR(D) GBY
      -9 to -9.5 PTS NO SEA DAL PIT(D)
      10 PTS NE(D)
      >10 PTS LAR NO)D) NE NO LAR(D)
      My picks NO BAL KC LAR PHA NE GBY HOU
      WK9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
      -6 to -6:5PTS IND MIN NE
      -7 To -7.5 PTS SEA CLE NO(D) ATL(D) LAR DAL IND(D) LAR)D) PIT
      -8 to -8.5 PTS CHI(D) SF((D) CLE CLE NO MIN(D)
      -9 to -9.5 PTS NO)D) GBY PHA(D) KC(D) LAC)D)
      10 PTS CHI
      >10 PTS KC(D) NE(D) SEA(D)
      My picks SEA INDY SF(D) CHI DAL CLE PIT LAC(D)
      Last edited by Barryt; 08-27-2019, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X