CFL Wk 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFL Wk 10

Had several emails asking me to post, so here goes. Don’t go thinking I know anything, ‘cause in this business that is the kiss of death. These were my lines for the coming week: WPG -11.3, EDM -8.3, HAM -5.6, and MTL -.3. Looking back just 4 games, I would have to soften these numbers for the 1st three above. But the game I’ve been watching closely is MTL. Was waiting to see if Adams is off concussion protocol and found out yesterday he is practicing with the first string offense. Without him, MTL could surely phone in the loss. What is complicating things further is MTL put Cunningham on a multi-game injured list, so a nice target will be missed. Moreover, Bo Levi is supposed to be back for CGY. He was great the last few years, but the 2 games he started this year, were not special. Like Reilly for BC, he has fallen off a bit and I don’t know if he will be back to last year’s form after healing. I guess that is why we call it gambling. Accordingly, I decided I would still back MTL with the 7, though I wanted the hook but I don’t think it is coming. I’m sitting at 5-1 and nervous as hell about this game. Of course, I never recommend that anyone follow. With my last bet, phatman thinks I jinxed myself. Hope I’m not doing it again.

Thanks for sharing your numbers TDH,, Good luck with Montreal!!

Comment

Not sure what is going on since I have been so busy lately, but now the line has dropped (consensus) to CGY -4.5 precisely because Bo Levi will not start. Guess Arbuckle will start. Looks like I might have finally got the best number (+7), but this does not mean I will win the bet and who knows if the number will edge back up. At least it makes the game more interesting and my nervousness has lessen just a few degrees. If anyone has more info or comments, please post.

Comment

My God, why does this game have to go to overtime, tied now at 28-28. Just about all my dogs who should win have won. This game is really painful as my handicapping was working. Maybe not tonight, but what an exciting game win or lose.

Comment

Yes, in OT MTl pulled it out and won 40-34. That makes me 6-1. Yes, I am not the other line makers here but boy are my lines working with CFL like they did the last few years. I had three lines on this game-- 4 game line, season to date line, and a modified Simple Rating System line as you are all familiar with and they all picked MTL to win outright. Do not know if it will work again wilh college as it has for about 6 years, but I will be trying it again. Another 3 unit win. WOW.

Comment

Amazing game,, I gave up when the score was 28-17 with less than two minutes to play!! Great call my friend,, all that matters is that you won and covered,, but to win outright is even more phenomenal, especially they were stuck late in tehe4th!! Congrats TDH!!

Comment

Nice going Dog !!!

Comment

Nice game DH

Comment

Great work here...TDH!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X