X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL P.O.W. 0-0

Lions/Cardinals U46 (Stations)

This is mainly a fade play of someone that picks bad. Since I missed the early game there is not much to choose from. Don't think the cards will be a high flying offense like everyone thinks either. Lions are the lions and will have trouble shooting as well. GLA

Comment

2019 P.O.W. 0-0-0

New England -5 @ MGM Mirage or CGT

Besides the fact that they always find a way they also have a much approved defense which they didn't have last season.
      On the other side of the ball Gordan is back along with Edelman and next week they add AB.
      I'm also going with the angle of Super Bowl Champs 15-3 in week #1 the following season dating back to the year 2000

Comment

2019 NFL P.O.W. 0-0

Indy +6.5 William Hill

Ind looked to be improved this year with Luck back. Think line is over reaction to Luck's retirement. Brissett was good straight up and ATS in 2017, and 7-3 ATS career vs AFC West. Teammates love him. Meanwhile, RB Gordon is a major source of contention in chargers locker room. Chemistry matters. Unhappy star RB = poor attitude=poor effort. Both teams very talented, and in such cases never give more than a field goal. Take points, Indy might win straight up!

Comment

POW 0-0

Dallas -7 Westgate

Barkley is very exciting and a top RB in the league, but they are really lacking in other playmakers. The WRs for NYG will not get the separation that Eli requires and will have a thought time scoring. I don’t think Dallas is a juggernaut but should win by double digits

Comment

NFL 2019 P.O.W. 0-0-0

New Orleans -6.5 Westgate, Play MGM, Circa Sports, CG Technology

A lot has been said this week about trends, such as the Saints record of poor starts ATS and SU. But for every trend there is a counter trend, or counter stat. Saints better at takeaways than Texans past two years. Saints, Rams, Bill's three teams to (other than Capcondo mentioned ala

Comment

• AmazingMom
              AmazingMom commented
              Editing a comment
              Accidently pressed send before write up finished. Oops!

NFL 2019 P.O.W. 0-0-0

New Orleans -6.5 Westgate, Play MGM, Circa Sports, CG Technology

A lot has been said this week about trends, such as the Saints record of poor starts ATS and SU. But for every trend there is a counter trend, or counter stat. Saints better at takeaways than Texans past two years. Saints, Rams, Bill's three teams to have high amount of takeaways last two years (other than Capcondo mentioned always consistent T/O margin trio of KC, NE, GB). Saints defense has improved and is better than Houstons offense. Better at ballhawking for sure. Saints offense is also better than Houstons defense. Fantasy experts forecast a #7 Saints defensive showing versus a #14 Defensive performance by Houston...and Defense is Texans biggest strength. Last two years the Saints average scoring margin was 8.4 points per game at home as a favorite...the Texans average scoring margin as a road dog was -7.2 points per game. As for Saints poor game 1 record of the past? Trends naturally seek to move to equilibrium...that's why bad turnover teams one year have something to prove and often do much better the following year. The NFC conference championship game left a big chip on the shoulder of the Saints. They are on a mission this year to get rid of it. NO 32-17

Comment

Hey everyone! Unofficial Notes. Except for Monday games, P.O.W. contestants were 26-21 (55.3%) to start off the season so far. Looks like winners with 1 point (so far, no pushes noted) will be, in no particular order:
              Tarb
              gcotton
              Florabamaboy
              McGrath
              SenatorC
              str8outtadurango
              RockmaninPA
              MrVolo
              Texan73
              JimmyJam4508
              Cap32
              Drano
              Aztec10
              eieio
              HeyRube!
              Dukowski
              Taketheredeye
              J.herb
              Loops
              strmchsr1
              blueandgold65
              icetea2
              Ninerutefan
              Becky
              Mattysharp
              Legz_akimbo

GLTA next week!

Comment

• Mrvolo
                Mrvolo commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for this update.I think last year we reached week 8 before top picker had first lost.A lot of good info comes out of these picks.On my $ plays I was right more than wrong but my one real bad move was against NE.GLTA

Sorry its Deano, not Drano. My bad. I used to be better at details...d****d auto spell checker!

Comment

NO -6.5 CG Tech

Saints are fired up for this season as Drew only has few more super bowl runs left in him. Monday night and at home gives saints a big advantage here as the dome will be rocking with the 12th man. Texans will be slow off the ball as Drew carves up the defense. The Texans def has new characters this year and without Clowney. The big unknown is how will Watson be this year? I expect a big game out of Jared Cook. I have the Saints winning this one by 10.

Comment

Oops! Also noted another of my auto spell check mistakes on the above list...it's Bucky, not Becky.

Comment

NFL P.O.W. 0-0

Houston +7 Half the books in town! OK William Hill

I've been thinking about this game all day. I really think the public or average bettor will be on the saints , So with that being said i always go against the public ,as I would love to be a bookie , never met a broke one .Also I ask my self who cant I bet ? I could real easy bet the Saints and it would take a lot to bet the Texans , How you not bet Sean Payton at home So I'll take the points and Texans. But not for my money . By the way I'm up 312 this week and I want to collect week 1

Comment

• Mrvolo
                      Mrvolo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      GL and never look at betting as a week to week game but season to season.

• Bucky
                      Bucky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sound advice Volo. I've learned that one the hard way to not try to win it all back next week. Usually goes the other way fast.

NFL POW (0-0-0)

Oakland +3 (playMGM)

Did this line really move SIX points off the opener? And FOUR points since the WR Diva left the premises? Certainly not enamored of the Raiders and their organization, but this move seems like a massive over-reaction. Denver breaking in a new coach and new QB and have only covered 5 of their last 20 AFC West games. Believe that Chucky Gruden will rally the team on the old "Us vs The World" trope which should at least last for the first game. Not sure what MNF Home Underdog angle is lately, but I'll gladly jump aboard.

Comment

Denver under 43(all over)

Last 5 meetings vs. the Raiders have been under.Denver was under last nine games of 2018.

Comment

With just one game left to start, we are sitting at 58 entries so far. Never too late to enter, well, at least up until week 7, lol.

Comment

Raiders +2

I am a sucker for a Monday night home dog. Flacco new under center, should have adjustment with new offense and team. hoping for some silver and black. Let’s go Chucky!

Comment

Working...
                          X