No announcement yet.

FREE ViewFromVegas NCAA & NFL Contests are open at contests.viewfromvegas.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE ViewFromVegas NCAA & NFL Contests are open at contests.viewfromvegas.com

Yes, these contests are FREE to all members of the ViewFromVegas Forums in good standing. You have to register separately at the contest site (contests.viewfromvegas.com or contests.viewfromvegas.net)...please use same Username that you use here so we can all follow along. Standings can be seen on the dedicated site and we'll have a VFV Forum thread each week to list the weekly winners and update the standings.

NCAA contest: This mirrors the College Pick'em Contest at William Hill (you pick 7 games ATS from a list of 25 games each Saturday), though we're putting the deadline for picks at 8 a.m. PT Saturday (due to a lot of requests for everyone's picks to be available for the early games)...they also only go 10 weeks and we extend it 12 weeks through Thanksgiving Weekend..

NFL contest: This mirrors the Westgate SuperContest (you pick 5 games ATS from the full NFL schedule)...deadline for picks is 11 am PT Saturday just like the "real" SuperContest each week

Season-long prize: 2 nights at Vegas hotel (you must get yourself here) and dinner for 2 with yours truly

Weekly prizes for both NCAA and NFL contest (must have perfect 7-0 record in NCAA or 5-0 in NFL): dinner with yours truly (though most opt for spending day with me watching NFL with free food and drinks) or a ViewFromVegas shirt if you're not coming to Vegas in the next year.

GLA

I am trying to get to this site to sign up for these contests but it says I am forbidden and do not have access to it. Pretty new here so it could be an user error. Anything else I should try?

Comment

I cannot log in either. Server Error in '/' Application.
      The resource cannot be found is the message

Comment

Mattysharp, Archie8: it's not user error...it's my error. Trying to get the matter resolved with GoDaddy as we speak...everything was working fine yesterday when I put in the Week 1 lines and at least half a dozen people got their picks in...will post an update as soon as I can.

Comment

• Mattysharp
          Mattysharp commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Dave! appreciate it.

• Archie8
          Archie8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Dave.

There's been some massive GoDaddy outtages today (https://downdetector.com/status/go-daddy/map) and still trying to figure out if our issue is related to that or something else (we're also transferring hosting of the contest site from the developer Bill Lane to our VFV account, so hopefully this all gets sorted out).

I apologize for the inconvenience. I know we're all trying to get all our contests, etc., lined up with NFL season started...worst-case scenario (I hope) is people aren't able to play the Packers-Bears game but everything will be sorted out for the weekend.

EDIT AT 6:30 pm ET/3:30 pm PT: It's look even less likely that we'll get the contest site back up and running by kickoff...I'm hoping most people's reaction is "It's a FREE contest, so I really can't complain" LMEAO!!!!

But tell you what....if anyone really wants to have Packers or Bears kicking off their contest tonight, I'll add your picks to the site when it's back online if you post your 5 picks in this thread before kickoff.

GLA

Comment

Tx Dave I was picking the bears, but I’ll take this as a sign that God knows the Packers will win and so is saving me and select something else on Sunday
          "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
          “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

I thought it was a coin-flip game myself and guessing not a lot of people were even trying to put in plays today (if they were, hopefully most are going to be happy they were shut out).

Comment

So those of us that did get our picks in earlier today, are they saved or will we need to resubmit them once the site is back up? I only did my NFL plays as I knew I wanted GB as one of them.

Comment

Hurricane did a number on servers hence very many contest sites ( not just at VFV.com ) run through go daddy

Maybe tmrw if not back, lines can listed here and we can email them in as may be a while.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmercando View Post
                  Hurricane did a number on servers hence very many contest sites ( not just at VFV.com ) run through go daddy

Maybe tmrw if not back, lines can listed here and we can email them in as may be a while.
                  Thanks for that update, bimmercando...like I said, when I was on hold with GoDaddy there was a message about a lot of problems with a lot of sites. The contest site is on a different server (through GoDaddy) than these VFV Forums (vBulletin), so that's why we're not down here. Note: there is a different default page now when you try to access the site so hopefully that's progress ???

We'll update Friday...not sure about bimmercando's idea of emailing in picks...I think I'd just have everyone post here in the forums and we could transfer later. I guess if anyone wants to go ahead (and then enter your picks if the site does get back online), feel free to go ahead here with your NFL (5) and/or NCAA (7) picks.

Comment

Posting here is really what I meant.
                    Only issue is the need for the contest lines to be accessible here too.

Thank you Dave

Comment

I was able to log in this morning to the contest site.

Comment

Originally posted by Archie8 View Post
                        I was able to log in this morning to the contest site.
                        Yes, the site is LIVE again!!!!! (though, for some reason I get a default page on my laptop, but it works perfectly fine on my phone so I'm guessing I have something weird on my laptop). Anyway, hopefully everyone able to get their plays in before 8 a.m. PT Saturday deadline for NCAA contest (I'll be putting that in the rules at the top of this thread that I've moved the NCAA deadline up this years due to requests from people who want to see everyone's picks in advance of the early Saturday kickoffs) and 11 a.m. PT Saturday deadline for NFL contest (some people complain that's too early, but it's the same as the "real" SuperContest and we try to keep this contests to what is required in the Vegas contests for people to play along until the same rules (and for those who joke "except for site being inaccessible for Thursday night game," I'll point out that a few years ago there was a Browns-Bengals game on TNF and the Westgate lost power throughout the hotel and hundreds were shut out of playing that game LMEAO -- it can happen to any contest).

Comment

i still get that parallel garbage webpage and can't access the site.
                          Off early to golf both weekend days so hope to be able to put some plays in somewhere
                          if only i knew the odds and chosen games ( ncaa top 20? and tv games no clue)

Comment

Figured out how to get signed in!

Opened with Microsoft Edge ( IE ) and NOT Google Chrome !!!!!
                            Chrome not working for it.

Plays coming up

Comment

Working...
                            X