Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 3 (Sept. 20-24) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 3 (Sept. 20-24) Post Plays Here

This is the thread for the 2018 VFV NFL P.O.W. contest. The following are the rules for this year (the same as in the past):

1. All contestants must be a member in good standing with VFV
    2. Players make one (1) single play ATS each week during the NFL regular season
    3. A correct play results in one (1) point being awarded. A "push" or tie, results in a half point (1/2) being awarded
    4. An Incorrect play results in zero (0) points being awarded
    5. All lines MUST be taken from the following website each week: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/
    6. All lines must be -120 or less (must be posted on above site...no buying 1/2 point)
    7. Only Vegas Sports Books listed on the VI website will be allowed
    8. The following Books will NOT be allowed: VI Consensus, BetOnline, PepperMill, Atlantis Reno
    9. The following selections are allowed: Full Game Side, Full Game Total, First Half Side, First Half Total (NO MONEYLINES ALLOWED)
    10. Plays MUST be submitted each week by kickoff of last scheduled game.
    11. Plays must be in the following format (or close to it):

2018 NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0 (post your current record here))

Atlanta Falcons +3 (Golden Nugget)
    (This is where you will post your reasoning for this selection. It doesn't have to be a book or even a full paragraph, but more than just "I think the Falcons are better.")

12. Myself, Seahawk Rick (the artist formerly known as Cybergolf) or any other I deem so, will have final ruling on if a play is valid (ie: Wrong line, Wrong Book, Not enough reasoning given, etc)
    13. The first couple of weeks I will give the benefit of the doubt to any newcomers on here...veterans, you know the rules, LMEAO
    14. To qualify for the playoff round of this competition, players must have a total of 10 points by the end of the regular season (week 17)...important note: your points will be the number of Units you start with in the playoff portion of the contest that runs through the Super Bowl)
    15. Prizes to be determined by DaveTuley....we've had fellow posters offer up prizes in the past, so please let me know if anyone has anything to offer or ideas for yours truly (yes, this is an edit by DaveTuley I'd like to have a prize for the person earning the most points during the regular season...and then the overall champ after the Super Bowl (and perhaps a runner-up prize).
    16. NO EDITING!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and best of luck this season!

In Week 2 we went a combined 30-38-0 (.411) ATS.

Thru 2 weeks, we are a combined 66-65-1 (.500) ATS

Here are the updated standings thru 2 weeks:
    Name Win Loss Tie Total
    BARRYT 2 0 0 2
    COMPASS ROSE 2 0 0 2
    DAVEY SHINES 2 0 0 2
    DMAC 2 0 0 2
    EAST COAST 2 0 0 2
    FLORABAMABOY 2 0 0 2
    JPDAWG 2 0 0 2
    JUSTJULIE123 2 0 0 2
    LEGZ_AKIMBO 2 0 0 2
    MR.VOLO 2 0 0 2
    NOTJDAIGLE 2 0 0 2
    PHATMAN15 2 0 0 2
    TAKETHEREDEYE 2 0 0 2
    TARB 2 0 0 2
    J.HERB 1 0 1 1.5
    2HOLLYWOOD 1 1 0 1
    AARON24 1 1 0 1
    AMAZINGMOM 1 1 0 1
    AZTEC10 1 1 0 1
    BIGGATOR53 1 1 0 1
    BLUEANDGOLD65 1 1 0 1
    BRUINGUY 1 1 0 1
    BUCKEYEFAN80 1 1 0 1
    BUCKY 1 1 0 1
    CHAMOINLA 1 1 0 1
    DAVE TULEY 1 1 0 1
    DUKOWSKI 1 1 0 1
    EIEIO 1 1 0 1
    ERMINE 1 1 0 1
    FEARLESS830 1 0 0 1
    FREEJACK 1 1 0 1
    GCOTTON 1 1 0 1
    GREAT SANTINI 1 1 0 1
    JDMOOSE1950 1 1 0 1
    LIVEDOGGY 1 0 0 1
    MARCBRYANJACOB 1 0 0 1
    MCGRATH 1 1 0 1
    MR. OUTSIDEVEGAS 1 1 0 1
    MR. PIXTER 1 1 0 1
    MTHELLER 1 1 0 1
    NINERUTEFAN 1 1 0 1
    PITTSBURGH 1 1 0 1
    RACINGCAT 1 1 0 1
    RAY 1 0 0 1
    SENATOR L 1 1 0 1
    STR8OUTTADURANGO 1 1 0 1
    TBONE2630 1 1 0 1
    TONYLOVE 1 1 0 1
    UMOP APISDN 1 1 0 1
    XAVIER ROB 1 1 0 1
    YISMAN 1 0 0 1
    ANYBODYBUTTIGER 0 2 0 0
    ASTEROID M 0 2 0 0
    BARNSTORM 0 2 0 0
    CAP32 0 1 0 0
    CASEINPOINT 0 2 0 0
    COACHV29 0 2 0 0
    DEANO 0 2 0 0
    DGOOSE111 0 2 0 0
    JPFITZ7 0 2 0 0
    PETGAL2 0 1 0 0
    PJFROMCHICAGO 0 2 0 0
    RAO80 0 2 0 0
    ROCKMAN IN PA 0 2 0 0
    SEAHAWK RICK 0 2 0 0
    SKULLF 0 2 0 0
    STRMCHSR1 0 2 0 0
    TEXAN 73 0 2 0 0
    WJCJR 0 2 0 0
    Last edited by gcotton; 09-18-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (0-2-0)

KC CHEFS -6 (Evvvvvverywhere)

I drank a few gallons of MahomesAid, which goes great with vodka. In my altered state, I will hop on his train as KC comes home for their opener and the place will be on tilt with the home fans cranking the decibels beyond the red zone.

I like SF even though they almost cost me two survivor picks Sunday, but Jimmy Jesus is not going to be able to hear himself think with the crowd noise, and that will lead to false starts and slow getoffs for the O Line for SF as they will have to wait to see the ball snapped like the defense. I feel KC can get an early lead putting Jimmy in passing mode to try to catch up and it will be too little, too late. It was loud in MINN but even louder at KC.

Mahomes will prove he is the guy that should have gotten the fat contract.
      Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 09-16-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

2-0 for 2 points

Cincinnati Bengals +3.5 ..... William Hill

I will go with the 2-0 team that won its games by an average 11 points over the 1-1 team that is playing its opponents about evenly. I like Andy Dalton more than Cam Newton passing the ball. Cam, however, can make plays running the ball. This year's Bengals team has an improved defense.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (1-1-0 YTD)

TAMPA BAY BUCS +3 (WESTGATE)

I almost followed my fellow Bird friend above me and took the Chiefs, but KC has a tough Division road game at DEN on deck and could see them "looking ahead". So instead I will roll with the "Fitz-Train" on MNF. No need to go into Big Ben's career struggles away from Heinz Field. I can't recall a QB with such different numbers in the home/away splits. TB will be fired up for this national exposure and I think the heat will play a roll as well. We saw how bad that PHI did in it yesterday. The only thing that worries me is the possibility of Bells return to the lineup. But even if he does, again, I think the heat and humidity will play a roll.

Pittsburgh 24
          Tampa Bay 27

Best of luck to all this week!
          ​​​​​
          ​​​​

Comment

• TARB
            TARB commented
            Editing a comment
            Gary, TB is +3 -120 at Westgate. So, I am asking, is that play allowed?

• gcotton
            gcotton commented
            Editing a comment
            TARB, that is my bad, I was on my phone getting iced down after PT this morning when I posted that. Did a quick look at the VI screen and saw the -3, didn't see the "EV" next to it. The 3 will not be allowed. My play will be graded at 2.5 if that is ok with everyone? I wish I would of waited until lunch at 11 to post since the 3 was available at TI for a short period of time, lol.

Seahawks -21/2 wiiliiam hill...expect Russell Wilson to make enough plays with his escapability to cover at home vs Cowgirls. Jerry's Kids wont be facing the past his due date Eli , whose turned into checkdown Charlie, ObJ isn't getting the ball in open space because Eli has happy feey behind that below avg. offensive line, Cross country trip to the 12's never easy to overcome for 4 quarters.

Comment

Pow1-2
            Bucs+2 MGM
            Bucs appear to be for real this year after mauling the defending champs last week. Catch the Steelers on the road in the big Sombrero. Steelers have never been a good road team even when they were good, which isn’t this year. Bucs in a low scoring hard hitting beat down.

Comment

Sorry....POW 1-1

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (1-1-0 YTD)
                Taking Atl - 3 at MGM No has great offense but the defense is poor so it could be a shootout and -3 with ATL at home looks good to me.I have a feeling the line will go to3.5 before post time.
                eieio

Comment

TARB caught me trying to cheat in my own contest, lol. No, it was an honest mistake as I noted in the reply to him in my post. For the record, my play will be on TB +2.5 which was available at the Strat at the time of my post.

Comment

• TARB
                    TARB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I knew that you made an honest mistake. Getting +2.5 is still beating the line movement. Congrats.

POW 1-1
                  Cleveland Browns -3 -115 (MGM)

Definitely looks odd to lay a FG with a team that is 1-32-1 straight up under the current head coach. However, the Browns defense is legit in my view, holding the Saints to less than 300 yards of offense. Browns D-Line should control the line of scrimmage and I believe Jets O-line could struggle in pass protection. Another intangible I like in this game is that it is the Browns lone prime time game, I would expect a solid effort for the national audience. I also believe Hue Jackson could be coaching for his job. A loss here and maybe he gets fired with 10 days until the next game. Lastly, this the Jets third game in 10 days since they played on MNF in week 1. Bottom line, I just think this is the right spot for the Browns to shine and win (and cover).

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. 1-1 (1-point)

TB/Pitt Over 53 (Stations)

TB is averaging 37-1/2 points per game. Pitt just gave up 42 to the Chiefs. Pittsburgh D needs a boost, but a hot FitzMagic will continue to earn his keep. TB scores in the 30's this week to keep their average, and Pitt will keep up.

Comment

P.O.W. (2-0-0)
                      Miami -3 William Hill
                      10AM game for Oakland.Hot and Humid At Hard Rock Stadium.Fans finally have a little sunshine and good vibes in City.
                      Wade coming back for one more year,I know it is B.B. but everybody has good vibes.Team is playing OK and Oakland
                      is in a funk.Running out of reasons.Go Dolphins.

Comment

POW [0-2]
                        Cleveland -3 [MGM Mirage]

It's time, it's time, it's time. Browns have been right there in both their games this year only to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Home game, national TV audience with a Defense that has shown to be very strong so far. I see them giving rookie Darnold all kinds of problems on this short week which will be his 3rd game in less than two weeks, which is going to be too much to ask for him. Low scoring affair, but I see Taylor taking care of the ball and the home team rising to the occasion to get a 7-10 point victory.

GL to all

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (2-0-0)

Baltimore Ravens -4-5 (MGM Mirage)

Smoke and mirrors = Denver Broncos 2-0 record thus far. They have squeezed out wins against Seattle and Oakland, two of this years future cellar dwellers. The Ravens lost a tough game last week, but showed some backbone in a comeback attempt on the road against a top flight offense @ Cincy. I like their defense at home in a must win AFC game, and with 10 days to prepare vs. Case Keenum. Lay the wood and cash a ticket, Ravens by double digits.

Comment

Working...
                          X