Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor Rollover 2019 Week 5

Survivor Rollover 2019 Week 5

I don't know who I'm going on yet, but Volo said he might throw a few picks out there, along with Barry. I'll post my pick soon...NOT that anyone cares!! IFFFF I had used the teams in the one bet that's still going in a survivor pool, I'd still be alive! LOL!

For those seeing this thread for the first time, last year some of use put a bets on NFL teams on money lines bets each week, and rolled it over if we won. Some people split the money after they won a few games, and we ALL ended up not rolling through the whole season! Imagine that! The idea is like it's a survivor type of exercise, and if you keep rolling a starting bet of $100 bet over and over on teams that are super-duper favorites, you can make a nice chunk of change if you can last a while. You get to take any team you want, and not just once like real survivor pools.

Never too late to start!

Week 1

CHI -170 -- $100 -- Payout is $60 LOSS
    KC (-175)[ -- $100 -- Payout is $57 WIN

Week 2

DAL (-281) -- $157 -- Payout is $56 WIN

Week 3

LAR (-170 ) -- $213 -- Payout is $125 WIN

Week 4

SEA (-243) -- $338 -- Payout is $139 WIN

Week 5

MINN
    (-225) -- $477 -- Payout is $212
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-05-2019, 09:36 PM.

First thing I would do is take my 200$ out and move forward with 277$.You do not want laying big #’s with NE etc.so I would look at Minny or LAC.Picking teams
    and laying 200 to 250 in three weeks you will have 1000$,enough to fly me out for a celebration.GL as always.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      I get what yr saying Volo but will try to move it up and take my nut out higher. if it bites me in the butt, so be it!

I am leaning MINN rt now....Just wan to see who practices and who might be out.

Just save some $ for the Champagne.I see what you are saying about Minny.Giants give up 31 points to TB and then beat the second worst team in redskins.Minny will roll and Jones gets his hello to the NFL. GL

Comment

• DaveyShines
      DaveyShines commented
      Editing a comment
      Not so fast. Cousins has been horrid and his confidence may be shattered. Danny Dimes is the real deal and doesn't appear to get rattled. The Giants have mojo. Never underestimate old Uncle Mo and the home dog.

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      Will decide tonight....NYG D is nit good.

like CHI some too thinking a QB change will help the offense. that D is real deal.

Well lost my $100 stake . Thinking about starting over but not committed.
    re Minny. I think the problem is Zimmer not cousins. Zimmer is obsessed with building a run first team and against poor defences, Atl & 0ak it has worked well. But against stiffer defense , they end up in pridectable passing situations and then Cousins is exposed. Against the GIANTS I don’t think that will be the case as they should be able to run the ball and thus open up the passing game, situations under which Cousins excels.. JMO
    "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
    “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

Re CHI ..game is in London...can we rely on half the Raiders being arrested on Friday night?
      “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

Had $52 in a dormant account..leftover so parlayed PHA and KC $52 to yield $67

Comment

I wouldn't trust Cousins with my money. This is from last year but you can get a sense of how "good" he is.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            No love for MINN on this thread! NYG defense isn't much and I just think MINN offense can get it together against them. Teams can look good or bad for a number of games before flipping the script.

Still thinking CHI...

OK...After looking at info on MINN & CHI, I went with my first gut pick as you can see above...MINN. OPPS! I guess I didn't save it earlier...Rollover wager is listed above.

Yes, Cousins isn't Rodgers, but he has a running game that should fair well vs a NYG defense that isn't good in the secondary and has most of their LBs out with injuries. No Barkley at running back for NYG.

Danny Two Nickels has played well vs two meh defenses...That changes this week vs the 6th ranked D coming to town that now has two games worth of video to help find ways to make Danny Boy less comfortable than he has been.

Cousins just needs to game manage at worst and find soft spots in the Giants below average defense. MINN will be ultra focused as they can start seeing it all unravel with a loss this week.

You can ALL say I told you so IFFFF MINN steps on their Johnson's!!
          Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-05-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Good pick Rick.Giants are still the Giants.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              NYG D made Cousins look like a QB for a week...NYG got close to the endzone a few times but the MIIN D stepped up and rattled Danny Ten-Cents. I'll yank $100 out before the next wager, and see if I can keep it rolling. I looked at last years thread, and I had two of my bets totaling $1300 at one point, but didn't take anything out like a dumbass!

It could all be over in a week, but I'll give it a shot!
              Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-06-2019, 04:46 PM.
          Working...
          X