Results of Week 4 of FREE ViewFromVegas NCAA & NCAA "mirror" contests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results of Week 4 of FREE ViewFromVegas NCAA & NCAA "mirror" contests

Sorry for the delay...helabusy week! longtime VFV Forum member Aztec10 was the only one to inquire about this missing thread (and with good reason as you'll see below LMEAO).

Anyone, hello VFV Nation...this is the weekly thread that we post to give the weekly winners and update the leaderboards of our popular NFL & NCAA contests that we host at our dedicated contest site at http://contests.viewfromvegas.com and http://contests.viewfromvegas.net. Our NCAA contest mirrors the College Pick'em at William Hill as players make 7 picks a week from 25 games picked by WillHill. The weekly deadline is 8 a.m. PT Saturdays (so everyone can see everyone's selections if they want in advance of the early games that start at noon ET/9 a.m. PT. Their contest ends after 10 weeks but we continue it for 2 more weeks through Thanksgiving Weekend (I pick the 25 games those weeks). The season-long prize is two rooms at a Vegas hotel, dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. Second place is dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. There is also a weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt if you're not going to visit Vegas in the next year. For a weekly winner to be provided, the top score must be 7-0. In case of a tie, the weekly winner will be the 7-0 entrant whose teams cover by the most combined points. You are allowed to win multiple weekly prizes in the same season, but only once via tiebreaker (if someone wins a second time via tiebreaker, the prize will go to the 2nd-highest tiebreak score).

Without futher adieu, there were no perfect 7-0s in the NCAA contest again this past weekend so no weekly prize. The best record was 6-1 by donrega, Mattysharp, Tjsfinest, tonylove & Zjabroni (especially Zjabroni as you'll also see below), so congrats to them. As for the season-long contest, Afelder went 5-2 to move into the season-long lead at 20-8 but plenty of people stacked up behind him. Here's the leaderboard as here's the Top 10 plus ties:
    Afelder 20.0
    Philly107 19.0
    RadiBln 18.0
    Mattysharp 18.0
    Texan73 18.0
    tonylove 18.0
    uniqorn 18.0
    Zjabroni 18.0
    donrega 18.0
    juicebox 18.0
    :

Our NFL contest mirrors the SuperContest at the Westgate Las Vegas as players make 5 picks a week from the full NFL card vs. the Westgate's contest lines. The weekly deadline is 1 a.m. PT Saturdays (just like the "real" SuperContest). The season-long prize is two rooms at a Vegas hotel, dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. Second place is dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. There is also a weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt if you're not going to visit Vegas in the next year. For a weekly winner to be provided, the top score must be 5-0. In case of a tie, the weekly winner will be the 5-0 entrant whose teams cover by the most combined points. You are allowed to win multiple weekly prizes in the same season, but only once via tiebreaker (if someone wins a second time via tiebreaker, the prize will go to the 2nd-highest tiebreak score).

In Week 4, we had 6 players go 5-0 (Aztec10 for the second straight week!!!, ilovedusty, paco2, Suntandan for the second straight week!!!, taketheredeye & Zjabroni, who went a combined 11-1 between the two contests!!!). We go the tiebreaker and this week Aztec10 prevails as his teams covered by a combined 80.5 points, led by the Bucs covering by 24.5 and the Browns by 21, but all 5 were by double digits!!! Aztec10 wins dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt). As for the season-long contest, last week's leader, Rich2357, has been joined at 12-3 by Str8OuttaDurango & taketheredeye...but, again, a lot of familiar VFV faces in the hunt as here's the Top 10 with ties:

Taketheredeye 17.0
    Aztec10 16.0
    str8outtadurango 15.0
    dgeo04 15.0
    Allworld23 14.0
    FabCO 14.0
    outhousetim 14.0
    Rich2357 14.0
    perrintn 13.5
    copperheadnu2 13.0
    comprose 13.0

Take the redeye,! Keep it going buddy .
    "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
    “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

Thanks Barry,

(Leafs coughed one up to the Habs last night.)

Comment

Re Week 5

3 weeks in a row (5-0) by Aztec BUT I grabbed the weekly title by TB ( had the pt diff anyhow )
        even though the TB wasn't needed due to Aztec already winning a week by a TB.
        We may need this contest to change into a 2 season cumulative scoring contest to catch the leaders.

Comment

These contests are so much harder than live betting. I make money just about every year betting early into soft lines posted by the various books. These contest lines are market lines, no longer the soft lines that open up.The college lines that open up mostly move towards the lines that I post every Sunday morning. Look at Seattle in the NFL contest. The market (and contest) line is -1 and I have my money bet on Seattle +2.5 points. I doubt that I would make much money betting into market lines. Mucho cudos to the guys that do well in these contests.

Comment

Couldn't agree more Tarb. The contest lines this week are awful, especially if you like to play underdogs. If you like Houston and Detroit, you are taking awful #'s. Even Jax, how are they favored?? NFL is such a week to week proposition, and other then the Pats there is not any consistent greatness in the game today.

Comment

Dallas stroked,
              KC toked.
              These were Survivor Contest Killers ysdty.

This season is now about young QB's having the chance to play.
              Good timing as the NFL has become stale in the QB dept.
              Enough of the Vets. Brady is the real survivor.
              The elders have been okay to date and like the ATP with Federer,
              Nadal and Djoko ( youngest of them ), all the new blood have stepped up
              and making noise. Good for the sport.
              Hopefully we'll see it more in the NFL this year+.

Without betting on games, how many of the matchups this past weekend were
              ones where you really would have wanted to watch the game?
              My G_d on Sunday night I watched MLB and NHL and maybe glimpsed at a kickoff
              in Pitt / San D.

Yaaawn

Comment

Running late in this contest thread

Comment

Working...
                X