Results of Week 5 of FREE ViewFromVegas NCAA & NCAA "mirror" contests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results of Week 5 of FREE ViewFromVegas NCAA & NCAA "mirror" contests

Well, taketheredeye already beat me to the scoop...but let's pretend I'm announcing this LMEAO:

Hello VFV Nation...this is the weekly thread that we post to give the weekly winners and update the leaderboards of our popular NFL & NCAA contests that we host at our dedicated contest site at http://contests.viewfromvegas.com and http://contests.viewfromvegas.net. Our NCAA contest mirrors the College Pick'em at William Hill as players make 7 picks a week from 25 games picked by WillHill. The weekly deadline is 8 a.m. PT Saturdays (so everyone can see everyone's selections if they want in advance of the early games that start at noon ET/9 a.m. PT. Their contest ends after 10 weeks but we continue it for 2 more weeks through Thanksgiving Weekend (I pick the 25 games those weeks). The season-long prize is two rooms at a Vegas hotel, dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. Second place is dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. There is also a weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt if you're not going to visit Vegas in the next year. For a weekly winner to be provided, the top score must be 7-0. In case of a tie, the weekly winner will be the 7-0 entrant whose teams cover by the most combined points. You are allowed to win multiple weekly prizes in the same season, but only once via tiebreaker (if someone wins a second time via tiebreaker, the prize will go to the 2nd-highest tiebreak score).

Without futher adieu, there again were no perfect 7-0s in the NCAA contest again this past weekend so no weekly prize. The best record was 6-1 by Macker22, spam55, STC22 and TARB, so congrats to them. As for the season-long contest, Afelder went 4-3 and still leads at 24-11 but still plenty of people within a few games. Here's the leaderboard with the Top 10 plus ties:
    Afelder 24.0
    Mattysharp 22.0
    Texan73 22.0
    uniqorn 22.0
    Zjabroni 22.0
    tonylove 21.0
    mr pixter 21.0
    philly107 21.0
    RadiBln 21.0
    spam55 21.0
    champs 21.0
    donrega 21.0
    juicebox 21.0
    Our NFL contest mirrors the SuperContest at the Westgate Las Vegas as players make 5 picks a week from the full NFL card vs. the Westgate's contest lines. The weekly deadline is 1 a.m. PT Saturdays (just like the "real" SuperContest). The season-long prize is two rooms at a Vegas hotel, dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. Second place is dinner for 2 with yours truly and a ViewFromVegas shirt. There is also a weekly prize of dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt if you're not going to visit Vegas in the next year. For a weekly winner to be provided, the top score must be 5-0. In case of a tie, the weekly winner will be the 5-0 entrant whose teams cover by the most combined points. You are allowed to win multiple weekly prizes in the same season, but only once via tiebreaker (if someone wins a second time via tiebreaker, the prize will go to the 2nd-highest tiebreak score).

In Week 5, we had just 2 players go a perfect 5-0, including Aztec10 for the THIRD WEEK IN A ROW!!!!! I mean, that's unreal! Anyway, bimmercando also went 5-0, so we go to the tiebreaker (though we have a rule where you can't win a 2nd weekly prize via tiebreaker in the same season), but it didn't matter as bimmercando's 5 teams covered by a combined 68 points compared to Aztec10's 64, so bimmercando wins the dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt. As for the season-long contest, Aztec10 has also moved into a tie for 1st place with taketheredeye at 21-4 (84%) and they're 2.5 points ahead of Str8outtadurango, but still a long way to go:

Aztec10 21.0
    Taketheredeye 21.0
    str8outtadurango 18.5
    Pin chaser 17.0
    bimmercando 17.0
    comprose 16.5
    dgeo04 16.5
    fish48 16.5
    Jlbowl2 16.5
    Jpscheier32 16.5
    Rich2357 16.5
    WALLACE15 16.5

And, of course, Week 6 lines are already posted (put up Wednesday afternoons around 5 p.m. PT if not before) on the contest site at contests.viewfromvegas.com and contests.viewfromvegas.net

I never saw this posting till today when the week 6 came up

This winning dinner or VFV Shirt can go with my "banked" hotel stay & dinner from a past winning season contest ( holding breath ).
    Waiting for next year when my wife may permit the escape for some noteworthy birthdays and anniversary .

Thanks

Comment

Dave,

This may be the wrong place to put this, but week 7's LA Charger/Tennessee game was a 3 point win for the Titans. The spread in the mirror contest, I thought, was 2.5. I picked the Titans, but saw that I was incorrect in the weekly results. Am I wrong on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Texan 73 View Post
        Dave,

This may be the wrong place to put this, but week 7's LA Charger/Tennessee game was a 3 point win for the Titans. The spread in the mirror contest, I thought, was 2.5. I picked the Titans, but saw that I was incorrect in the weekly results. Am I wrong on this?
        Sorry for delay in correcting that, Texan73 (and thanks to you as well as pin chaser for the heads-up), but it's been corrected and all the weekly and overall standings should be up to date.

Comment

Working...
        X