Question For All Our Canadian Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question For All Our Canadian Members

First off, let me wish all of our Canadian friends on here a very Happy Thanksgiving!! Do you all call it "Turkey Day" up there like we do down here?? Or is that even just a Midwestern slang term?? Anyways....

I have always enjoyed having today off work for Columbus Day (one of the 13 holidays we get each year at work), in that our friends to the North have always had a CFL double-header on TV. This is the first year that I can remember there NOT being any games. Is there a reason floating around up there for why this is?? I tried Google, but came up with nothing.

Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Columbus Day or Happy Indigenous People Day to those that call it that!

Thx for your thoughtfulness
    Not too much :"Turkey Day" talk although it was served at the golf club over the weekend!

I am Canadian and not in tune with the holiday here.
    I like to day the off in November and watch college ball and shop online.

Our holiday does not measure up by any means to the USA production on Thanksgiving.
    SO HUGE !
    Looks like Columbus Day controlled the NHL scheduling today.

Our Thanksgiving is the start to our winter snow removal item buying.
    In a month from now the USA starts X-Mas shopping.
    It's not so long ago that Canadian retailers copied the USA Black Friday hype,

Hope some others add their info

Have a good one

Comment

Ya it's not a big enuf deal up here. And the CFL is nuts not to sked Labo(u)r Day and Thxgivin into a hm n hm with mtl-ott, ham-tor, wpg-sk, n cgy-ee. Get the big div gms into the last half of the season. And we need more official holidays. Our Remembrance Day comin up in November (Armistice Day in US) is a joke. Hardly anybody takes it off. And ya we need a least 1 official holiday per month. I think we only have 11 and 3 get squished together (Xmas, Boxing, n NYD).

Comment

Originally posted by gcotton View Post
        First off, let me wish all of our Canadian friends on here a very Happy Thanksgiving!! Do you all call it "Turkey Day" up there like we do down here?? Or is that even just a Midwestern slang term?? Anyways....

I have always enjoyed having today off work for Columbus Day (one of the 13 holidays we get each year at work), in that our friends to the North have always had a CFL double-header on TV. This is the first year that I can remember there NOT being any games. Is there a reason floating around up there for why this is?? I tried Google, but came up with nothing.

Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Columbus Day or Happy Indigenous People Day to those that call it that!
        The Sopranos season 4 episode3 “ Christopher”
        "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
        “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

Working...
        X